Heaven on earth in healthy cake form – we’ve really outdone ourselves this time.
This recipe is jam packed full of good fats and ticks all of the gluten free, dairy free and additive free boxes. May we call it an over achieving cake? Either way, these are a must bake!
For this creation you will need: 2 x 12 Health Cacao Protein Muffin Mixes
On that note, let’s bake!
Black forest cacao layer cake with coconut cream icing.
- 2 bags of Cacao Protein Muffin Mixes
- 160mL coconut oil
- 4 eggs, or vegan replacement
- 320ml almond milk
- 200g raw dark chocolate
- 2 400ml cans of coconut cream stored in the fridge over night
- 1/2 cup Natvia
- 1 Punnet of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
Serves twelve people.
(Bake one cake at a time)
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Prepare muffin mix using 80ml melted coconut oil, 2 eggs and 2/3 cup of almond milk as per instructions.
- Melt 100g of chocolate and stir though.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until cooked through and transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Repeat for top layer.
- Open 2 cans of coconut cream and spoon out the hard thick cream from the top of the can. Add to a mixing bowl along with the native and mix on high with a stick blended until the cream has whipped.
- Spread half of the cream on one cake and place the second layer on top.
- Top the top layer of cake with remaining cream and berries.
Yours in berry choc bliss, 12Health.
PS – if you bake these beauties, let us know…!
@12health & #12health