Turning a muffin mix into a gingerbread man isn't the easiest task but we wouldn't want you to miss out on your favourite Christmas treat!
Complete with coconut pants, these ginger bread men will not only please the little ones but give the grown ups a taste of childhood too!
For this creation you will need: 12 Health Vanilla Protein Muffin Mix
- 1 bag of Vanilla Protein Muffin Mix
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3cm knob of ginger, very finely diced
- 1 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2 eggs or vegan replacement
- 1 block of loving earth salted caramel chocolate
- Small handful of coconut flakes to sprinkle
- Pre heat oven to 180c (160 fan forced)
- Line 1 baking trays with grease proof paper
- Pour mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk eggs and add to the mix along with ginger.
- Melt down 1/2 Cup of coconut oil and add to the mix. Still well until combined.
- Wait 1-2 Minutes for oil to solidify and turn the mix into a hard dough like consistency.
- Here is the fun part.
- On a sheet of baking paper, press down mix with your palms until it is roughly 1cm thick. The solidified oil will help keep the mix in place!
- Using a ginger bread man shape cookie cuter, cut 12 men out and place onto lined baking trays.
- Bake for roughly 10 - 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Melt down caramel chocolate and dunk each man in until the tops are completely covered. Sprinkle coconut along the bottom and set aside to cool.