Ok, this is a big one for us gluten free folk here at 12 Health. Missing out on Christmas pudding for dessert is always a bummer. Fear not, our gluten free version is just as good as the rest!
If you want to get traditional, keep in the brandy. If not, leave it out!
For this Christmas Creation you will need: 12 Health Vanilla Protein Muffin Mix
- 1 bag of Vanilla Muffin Mix
- 80ml Coconut Oil, melted
- 200ml Orange Juice
- 2 Eggs or Vegan replacement (room temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Brandy
- 200g Mixed Organic Fruit
- 50g Organic Dried Cherries
- 1 TSP Mixed Spice
- 1 TSP Cinnamon
For the glaze:
- 1 Tin Coconut Cream, stored in the fridge overnight
- 1 TBSP Pure Maple Syrup or Rice Malt Syrup
- 1 TBSP Brandy
- Add dried fruit and cherries to a large bowl. Pour over orange juice and brandy if using and keep covered in the fridge over night. Pop your can of coconut cream in the fridge too to set.
- Pre heat oven to 150c and grease a pudding basin with coconut oil and line the top with baking paper.
- Pour the bag of vanilla mix into a mixing bowl. Add in mixed spice and cinnamon, stirring until mixed though.
- Add melted coconut oil, brandy, 2 whisked eggs and bowl of soaked fruit to the mix. Stir well until combined.
- Pour into pudding tin (we used a 14cm size) and place a sheet of baking paper over the top along with aluminium foil, pressing down the sides to cover.
- Place into a ceramic dish filled with boiling water and cook in the oven for 1.5 hours.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- While your pudding is cooling, add hard cream from the tin of coconut cream, 1 TBSP maple syrup and 1 TBSp of brandy to a small saucepan. Simmer and stir for 1-2 minutes until all ingredients are mixed and creamy.
- Pour over pudding just before stirring.
This will keep in the fridge for 2 days, simply heat in the oven or microwave before serving.