Banana and peanut butter are a seriously tasty combination. For years, we have slathered our gluten-free toast with peanut butter and topped with slices of banana but in muffin form this is even better!
We used a raw peanut butter (Mayver's Crunchy) as this is quite rich in peanut oil thus you can leave out the coconut oil in this recipe.
If you are banana crazy, you could top each muffin with sliced banana too but as our Banana & Manuka Honey muffin mix contains freeze dried bananas there is no need!
For this creation you will need: 12 Health Banana & Manuka Honey Muffin Mix
- 1 bag of Banana & Manuka Honey Muffin Mix
- 2 eggs, or vegan replacement
- 2/3 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure peanut butter plus extra to serve
- Silicone baking tray or a lined 6 pan muffin tin
Makes six muffins
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- Prepare muffin mix using peanut butter in place of coconut oil, 2 eggs and 2/3 cup of almond milk as per instructions.
- Bake for 16 minutes or until cooked through and leave in the tray to cool.
- Top each muffin with extra peanut butter and sliced banana if desired.